Maternal and Child Health Nurse
- Contribute to the development of one of Victoria’s fastest growing regions
- Remuneration starting at $49.02/hour plus superannuation
- Part time 19 hours per week
Come and join Golden Plains Shire Council, a regional municipality focused on working with the community to create sustainable growth, whilst maintaining a highly valued rural character. Located just outside Geelong, and within an easy drive to both Ballarat and Melbourne, our location means you get the benefits of a country lifestyle whilst still enjoying all the things that the city has to offer.
About the Shire:
Golden Plains Shire is situated between two of Victoria’s largest regional cities, Geelong and Ballarat, with a population of over 20,000 people across 56 vibrant rural communities.
Renowned for our award-winning food and wine, iconic music festivals, goldfield heritage and friendly communities, Golden Plains Shire is an attractive destination both to work, play and call home.
About the role:
This is an exciting opportunity to join our Maternal and Child Health Team on a part time basis working 19 hours per week.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Provide evidenced based assessments for each of the 10 Key Ages and Stages consultations with emphasis on health promotion and wellbeing.
- Provide information, support, advice and appropriate referrals relating to the wellbeing of both parents and children
- Provide a focus on prevention, early detection and intervention of the health and wellbeing concerns of vulnerable infants, children and their families through an interdisciplinary and integrated service response.
- Provide an innovative approach to flexible service delivery that will encourage access and participation for all families in the community.
- Proactively participate in the Maternal and Child health service team, in the development and implementation of continuous improvements to the service.
- Manage accurate child development history records in a timely, detailed and confidential manner.
This is a real opportunity to help shape the future of a growing community.
To be successful in this role, you will be a passionate, experienced Maternal & Child Health Nurse who has:
- Holds current General and Midwifery Nursing Registration with the Australian Health Practitioners Regulation Authority (AHPRA).
- Post Graduate Maternal and Child Health qualifications.
- Experience working as a Maternal & Child Health Nurse in both the Universal and Enhanced MCH Service and current knowledge in regard to the revised EMCH framework.
- Prior experience in services provision to rural communities is desirable.
What’s in it for you:
At Golden Plains Shire Council, we promote diversity and want to develop a workplace that reflects the community in which we operate. We offer professional development and networking opportunities to staff as well as free onsite parking.
You can also:
- Join a values-driven and community-focused organisation;
- Contribute to a broad scope of work;
- Make the most of professional development opportunities.
How to apply:
If you like the sound of this role, please apply via our careers website at: http://goldenplains.applynow.net.au/#vacancies
Applications for this role must include a cover letter and CV and will be required to address the Key Selection Criteria.
For more information, you can contact Heidi Preston, Child and Family Services Manager, on (03) 5220 7153.
Only applications submitted via Council’s website will be considered. Applications submitted via Seek will not be assessed.
Applications close Monday 24 June 2019 at 9.00am.
Golden Plains Shire Council is an Equal Opportunity and Child Safe Employer. We believe that every individual has something valuable to offer. We are striving to build a workforce that reflects the community in which we operate and encourage applications from people of all ages, genders and cultural backgrounds. We recognise our proactive duty to ensure compliance with equal opportunity, child safe and other workplace-related legislation, and to eliminate all forms of discrimination.